Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sketchy inspiration....

Jess over at A Cherry On Top has issued a blogging challenge to keep us all blogging right along through this new year. Each week she gives us a list of ideas or prompts for us to use on our blogs. This week one of her prompts is about what inspires US creatively. Currently sketches and sketch blogs have really been helping spark my mojo. I tend to take a sketch....print it out and start drawing and adding notes all over it. It looks like a disaster when I am done sometimes. Then I peg it in front of my desk and get to work. My end result does not always even resemble the sketch I started with, but it is a big inspiration in many of my layouts.

Here is an example of how a sketch inspired me this week. As soon as I saw this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch I knew exactly what photos I wanted to use. I was drawn to the vertical lines and the photo placement, even thought I ended up only using 3 photos.
Crossing the line is about Kimmy's first time out of the state of Florida, something she had wanted and dreamed about for a long long time.

Here is the sketch:


and my layout:






Lately, I have also been inspired by linear, straight clean line layouts. Especially those of the fabulously talented Julie Bonner. She is my go to scrapper of the moment when I need a pick me up or a bit of inspiration. I am sure you can see much of her inspiration in my recent layouts.....okay I down right copied(lifted) many of her ideas and designs. She also just happens to be a superb sketch artist. You have to check her out...I know you will be inspired too.


Tonight I will be working on a layout using the fabulous new line Be Mine by Echo Park. I already have all the papers, embellies and pictures spread across my desk. I had every intention of working on it last night, but science fair procedures and deadlines got in my way. LOL



Check back tomorrow for my week in review for my P365... I have not missed a day yet and I psyched that a good start will help me continue on the path to a good year.

2 comments:

  1. love your take on the sketch! Those embellies on the circle are great and I love the colors you used! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a COOL thing to document!! I loveeeeeee the photos and the colors!!! I loveeeeeeeeee Julie Bonner's work too! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete